5 Best Wet Mops for Hardwood Floors + Wet Mopping Tips!
Here is a list of the best wet mops for wood floors and simple tips on how to wet mop hardwood floors to help you keep you floors looking great without ruining them.
You’ve spent a lot of money on your natural hardwood floor so it is only natural that you will want a mop that keeps that floor looking its very best.
Not only does choosing the right mop will help make your floor look its best, but it will also make cleaning your wooden floors easier.
Browsing all over the Internet looking for reviews for the different mops can be daunting.
But you are in luck today, because, I have done the hard work for you. I have done the research and came up with a list of the best mops for wood floors.
So here is a look at the best wet mops for hardwood floors I selected for you.
7 Top Wet Mops for Wood Floors
#1. O-Cedar EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop
The beauty to the O-Cedar EasyWring microfiber spin mop is the special wring bucket that prevents you from getting too much water on your wood floor.
The bucket has a built in wringer and a foot pedal that allows you wring out the mop without ever using your hands.
The deep cleaning microfiber mop is great for getting at that all those remaining bits of dirt and grime.
#2. Bona Hardwood Spray Mop
This mop is best used on all unwaxed, unoiled and polyurethane finished wood floors.
It comes with a refillable cartridge and a washable microfiber-cleaning pad.
It has rubber corners to prevent damaging any furniture you may bump into and even has a retractable hook so you can hang the mop up and out of the way. Thus, saving you space.
#3. Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop
The Rubbermaid reveal spray mop is safe for all types of floors. It comes with a washable and reusable microfiber cleaning pad, no scrub scubber and spray trigger.
You can also purchase additional pads to work with this mop.
#4. Casabella Painted Steel Original Mop
The Casabella painted steel original mop is a polyurethane sponge mop that comes with a sturdy steel pole and a durable lever for wringing out the mop to ensure that you don’t get your wood floor too wet.
#5. Microfiber Floor Mop Cleaning System
The microfiber floor mop cleaning system comes with the mop handle and head, 2 microfiber refills and 2 scrubbing pads that are reusable and washable.
The head rotates 360 degrees so that you can reach even those hard to reach places.
Tips for Cleaning Wood Floors without Damaging Them
Having the best mop for wood floors is important, but knowing how to clean your hardwood floors while preventing damage is also half the battle.
So we are including some tips for cleaning your hardwood floors.
- Keep your wood floors free of dust and dirt by cleaning your floor with a microfiber dust mop frequently. Spray a little dusting spray on the dust mop before dust mopping the floor so it picks up more of the dust and dirt and does not just push it around.
- If you spill liquid on the floor, wipe it dry immediately since sitting liquid can dull or discolor the wood on your floor.
- Vacuum your wood floor at least once a week using the soft brush attachment
Tips on How to Wet Mop Hardwood Floors
- When wet mopping hardwood floors wring most of the water out of the mop. A damp mop will do less damage to your floor and when mopped regularly there should be no need for a wet mop.
- Use a mild floor cleaner. Harsh cleaners can leave your floor looking dull and leave behind a powdery residue, making rinsing necessary.
- Don’t use too wet of a mop and never leave standing water on your floor
- When you wet mop hardwood floors, use a microfiber cloth or fan to dry the floors faster
Final Thought on the Best Wet Mop for Hardwood Floors
Caring for your hardwood floor doesn’t have to be difficult if you follow these few simple tips and use the right mop for your wood floor. And any of the mops listed above will surely get the job done.
Related Cleaning Article:
There you go with the best wet mops for wood floors. Which of them do you like best?